Cannes Lions | June 19-23, 2023
The Drum is everywhere and we need to be, as we believe Marketing Can Change the World
The Drum: Setting the tempo from the French Riviera
We believe that Marketing Can Change the World – and that’s the message we share with our global audience of 12 million professionals across marketing, creativity and media.
With Cannes Lions celebrating its 70th anniversary, it’s the perfect opportunity to partner with The Drum, the leading EMEA publisher and one of the top 3 worldwide.
Together, we will:
- Create world-class content from the heart of Cannes in our Drum Studio
- Engage with the world’s best and brightest marketers
- Give you a voice that cuts through the noise and delivers market-leading results
Why The Drum?
Partnering with The Drum means doing things differently. We move to our own beat – and are proud of it.
Do you need
- A forward-thinking and industry-leading creative team?
- A global audience of engaged marketing professionals?
- A partner that has proven experience in exceeding delivery expectations?
With 30+ years of experience, we know how to make your message sing across live TV, digital, editorial, research, networking and events.
“The Drum has been tweaking the noses of its more established rivals for some time now. Its journey is a lesson in the opportunities of the internet age.” Sir Martin Sorrell
“I love The Drum. It's what The Economist would be if edited by The Sex Pistols and focused on marketing. Fresh and shrewd.” The Economist
Your Cannes content partner
The Drum is your content partner in Cannes. Whether you want to set the stage for industry leading thinking, shape tomorrow’s agenda, share your latest creative insights, or do something totally off-the-wall – we’re here to make it happen.
Based in the heart of Cannes, our pop-up content studio offers:
- Multiple production locations including indoor and outdoor spaces
- Exclusive access to a rooftop terrace, ideal for activations under the sun
- A 2-minute walk to the Croisette and a 7-minute walk to the Palais
We’ve helped to drive the success of many of the world’s biggest brands – helping them to own the conversation, improve their cut-through, and achieve tangible results that benefit the bottom line. From editorially-led content through to bespoke campaigns (did someone say data-driven gameshow?!), we’re not afraid to help you achieve your goals, whatever the ask.
Connect at Cannes
Industry Panel Discussion
Work with The Drum for an expertly curated panel discussion and creative session featuring industry experts, including a key thought leader from your organization.
Let The Drum take care of everything from planning and project management to production, moderation, and promotion.
Hosted and filmed at The Drum Studios @ Cannes location.
Riviera in the round
A 'closed-door' curated roundtable discussion of 5-6 industry experts, including 1-2 of your thought leaders.
Planned, project managed, sourced, produced, moderated, and promoted by The Drum, in collaboration with you.
Hosted and filmed at The Drum Studios @ Cannes location, potentially over breakfast or lunch and in an intimate rooftop setting.
Roving Riviera reporters
Roaming video packages
The Drum Studios 'comes to you’!
Our journalist-producer and roaming film crew will attend your location for half or a full day to capture video content.
This can include 3-5 pre-arranged one-on-one video interviews with on location guests, plus b-roll footage.
Or free roam VoxPops throughout duration of time on site. Let us help you craft the right solution for you.
1-1 talking heads interview
Your thought leader is invited to The Drum Studio @ Cannes to talk about key topics and trends to one of our journalists, on camera.
The video interview will be shot against a beautiful backdrop from the rooftop of our Cannes location, edited and promoted across The Drum.
The Cannes hub on thedrum.com
Looking to make a splash at Cannes but unable to attend?
Our digital packages enable you to produce content for our Cannes Hub, ensuring that your message is seen and heard by the world's biggest gathering of marketing leaders.
Digital headline partner
Sponsor and lead on a curated discussion bringing together diverse industry experts, including 1 key thought leader from your brand and 2-3 sourced speakers. This virtual debate, hosted by a leading journalist or industry expert would be planned, project managed, produced, and promoted by The Drum, in collaboration with you.
- Hosted by The Drum journalist or industry expert
- Collaborative and ideation of topic or theme
- Expert panelists sourced by The Drum
- Full filming and video production of panel discussion
- Amplification campaign consisting of post-promotional article, social promotion, and newsletter promotion as well as appearing on thedrum.com
- 12 months on demand video on The Drum TV
Digital profile partner
Join forces with us and enjoy naming rights and branding across the drum.com Cannes hub for the duration. Feature in a fireside chat with a journalist from The Drum, project managed by The Drum and amplified during the week of Cannes Lions across different marketing channels. Maximum of four partners.
- Naming rights and branding
- Fireside chat with a journalist from The Drum, recorded before Cannes and launched during the week of Cannes Lions
- The Drum to manage all logistics
- Custom amplification
- Inclusion in Cannes round-up email
Have something to say and need your content to be seen within Cannes content? Let The Drum’s veteran editorial team help you write your important communication piece. This 1,000 word sponsored article produced by The Drum's editorial team in collaboration with you, and hosted on thedrum.com with accompanying promotional activity.
- Collaborative ideation of topic or theme
- Access to The Drum journalist / industry expert writer
- Full writing, editing, and proofing of article
- Approval and sign off content
- Amplification campaign consisting of social promotion and newsletter promotion
- Indefinite hosting of content on thedrum.com
The Drum will be back at Cannes this Summer with a brand new approach to inspire your audience. Let us big up your brand, amplify your content and join up your thought leaders with our global audience of marketing and media pros.
Let’s get to work.
Get in touch
This year, Cannes Lions will be bigger than ever before. Let's get started.